If your business has a range of happy clients, getting them to add a review to your Google My Business page is a great way to build a fantastic reputation online.
Though Google Reviews itself isn’t new, the tech giant recently introduced a new feature that allows people to switch between two tabs on your Google My Business page on mobile – one for Overview, a second for your Google Posts and the third for Reviews. This makes it easier for people to see your reviews by simply clicking on the tab and scrolling down to see the full list.
Here’s an example of Melbourne Media Consulting’s Google My Business page on mobile:
Why is it so important?
This new feature just adds to the importance of asking your clients to add a review that raves about their experience with your business. People are using search engines more and more in their efforts of finding a product or business, which means it’s vital that you have a range of positive reviews. In regards to Reviews on Google, it’s been revealed that almost 78% of all searches are conducted on Google, which makes your Google Reviews that much more important.
In fact, a recent online survey conducted by Bright Local highlighted a range of important statistics, including:
- 53% of people conduct a search online for local businesses at least once a month
- 91% of people read online reviews for business
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations
- Almost 75% of people believe that having positive reviews makes them trust a local business more
- More than 50% of people will visit a website after they’ve positive reviews about that business
How can someone leave a Google Review?
Firstly, your business must have a Google My Business page in order for someone to leave a review. Once they find your page, they can simply go through the following steps:
- They must sign into their Google account
- Click Write a review
- Add a rating up to the value of 5 stars
- Share details of their experience with your business
- Add any relevant photos
- Click Post
It’s that easy!
If you have any questions about Google Review, or how to set up a Google My Business page, feel free to get in touch with us today!