Web marketing provides ample opportunity for businesses in Melbourne to grow. It can be confusing to get into if you’ve never done it before. The internet is immense, and digital marketing capabilities can seem complicated. Here is the top web marketing do’s and don’ts to help you get started.
Web Marketing Do’s
- When you design a landing page, make sure that it looks professionally rendered. You can hire an expert to create it for you if this is outside of your skillset, but it’s important to note that if it has been expertly designed, it’ll drive more traffic.
- When writing website copy, you need to be as transparent as possible. Website content is informative, simple, and imparts only the facts. If your content is confusing, your visitors won’t understand what you are offering them.
- Add a blog onto your website. Publish exciting and engaging content which your audience would respond to. You’ll drive traffic, and entice leads to sign up for a weekly newsletter, bringing you one step further to a conversion.
Web Marketing Don’ts
- If you have a blog added onto your website, make sure that it isn’t all about your business and your organisation. A blog is primarily a portal which provides valuable and engaging content to visitors who have the same interests as you.
- Try not to focus only on the features of your product. A feature is not what sells to your customers. Your customers will only make a sale because the benefits of that feature are compelling enough for them to spend money.
- Don’t publish your websites, blogs or landing pages if they aren’t ready for traffic. A buggy website or poorly written blog looks unprofessional, and will not entice visitors to stick around.
For business owners in Melbourne, web marketing can be tricky if you’ve never done it before, but these do’s and don’ts could help you along the way. The great thing about web marketing is that if a campaign doesn’t work out, you can easily take it down and publish another, or A/B test it against different campaigns. You’ll get the hang of it, and eventually, you’ll see the success you’re looking for.